Haemonetics Salvage Blood Filters
K2 Medical is the sole supplier of Haemonetics salvage blood filters in South Africa. These filters prevent the re-infusion of aggregates, fat and activated leucocytes minimising the risk of lung injury, fat embolic syndrome, reactions and complement lung re-perfusion injury.
LipiGuard® SB1E Reinfusion Filter for Salvaged Blood
LipiGuard® SB reinfusion filter for washed or unwashed intra-operative or post-operative salvaged blood combines LipiGuard filter media technology with 40μm lock woven microaggregate screen.
Designed for use with either intra- or post-operatively salvaged blood that may be washed or unwashed, thereby reducing inventory requirement for a number of different filter products. Reduces the risk of complications caused by the re-infusion of:
- Microaggregates/debris: Lung dysfunction
- Fat: Fat Embolic Syndrome
- Activated Neutrophils: Reactions
- Complement: Activated Neutrophils lung reperfusion Injury .
Designed for use with either intra- or post-operatively salvaged blood that may be washed or unwashed, thereby reducing inventory requirement for a number of different filter products.
- Low volume (20 mL) housing allows excellent blood product recovery
- High flow rate for rapid infusion
RS Leucocyte Removal Filter for Salvaged Blood
RS1VAE leucocyte removal filter for washed or unwashed intra-operative salvaged blood. Clinically proven media technology reduces leucocytes, fat and michroaggregate debris found in salvaged blood.
- Designed for use with either washed or unwashed intra-operative salvaged blood
- Low filter hold up (31ml after recovery)
- Vented spike allowing excellent blood recovery without the need for saline washing.
- High flow rate for rapid transfusion
- Automatic priming filter and self-levelling administration set designed for ease of use
- Latex free