Biogel® surgical gloves
Biogel® is the world’s leading brand for high quality, technically advanced surgical gloves for healthcare professionals. Biogel® surgical gloves set the standards in protection and comfort, and have a superior puncture indication system for enhanced safety.
Biogel® is the only major surgical glove brand with a non-pyrogenic range, reducing the chance of irritation, fever and inflammation – reducing the need for costly post-operative interventions.
The wide range includes powder-free, low-protein natural rubber latex gloves and powder free synthetic surgical gloves that vary in sensitivity and texture to suit different comfort and protection needs Biogel® has an industry-leading freedom from holes AQL* of 0.65. The industry standard requirement for AQL* is 1.5. The lower the number, the fewer the holes and the higher the quality of glove. Biogel® is proven to have the lowest glove failure rate among major competitors. Non-Biogel gloves are at least 3.5 times as likely to fail than Biogel® gloves 2 .
Biogel® key features and benefits
• 9/10 surgeons prefer Biogel for fit, feel and comfort 1
• Every glove (100%) is air inflation tested and visually inspected for quality and safety 1
• Improved efficiency as less gloves are wasted 2
• Non-pyrogenic, potentially reducing the risk of post-operative complications 3
Biogel® Eclipse Reveal Indicator
Recommended for all surgical procedures, especially where glove puncture is likely. For example trauma, cardiac, transplants, orthopaedic and gastrointestinal cases. These gloves are also recommended when extra tactile sensitivity is required, for example neurosurgery, plastics and cardiac.
Biogel® Eclipse Underglove
Recommended as an underglove for all surgical procedures where glove puncture is likely, especially trauma, cardiac, transplant, orthopaedic and gastrointestinal cases. It can be used alone or as part of the Biogel Puncture Indication System with the Biogel Eclipse as an overglove.
1. Why Choose Biogel. MKT004. 2009. Data on file. 2. In Use Surgical Glove Failure Rate Comparison. Study G009-005. 2009. Data on file. 3. Biogel Endotoxin Report, Non-Pyrogenic Surgical Gloves. REPRHJV004. 2010. Data on file. *AQL =Acceptable Quality Level refers to the maximum number of defective products that could be considered acceptable during the random sampling of an inspection, in this case freedom from holes in gloves.